Faith In Strangers — Info
About Faith In Strangers
Faith In Strangers is a 300 capacity combined arts venue with a focus on music but a strong interest in everything else. Centered around our custom-built sound system ‘Poseidon’.
An open plan space with scenes across Margate’s kaleidoscopic skies and sea, sunsets are a prominent feature of the venue utilising the far-reaching views of the horizon. Inside lies soft furnishings aplenty creating a house party feel, which is cleared to the sides when the crowds are bigger.
Artistic Vision & Music Policy
Our ambition is to cultivate an audience that encourages and supports artists, performers & DJ’s, to explore their curiosities, rarities, new styles and forms or find interesting ways to appreciate heritage and old influences. Our music policy is formed by, but not restricted to, a passion for electronic music, disco, rararties, psychedelic & experimental endeavours. Exploring unheard music and sharing it, creating an atmopshere to take the audeince to different places.
Faith In Strangers is about the trust between people that creates moments of unity; we give artists the room to experiment and shape these moments. We are not interested in generic, ‘crowd pleasers’ and music you could hear at any bar across the UK.
So far we’ve had a diverse range of selectors, DJ’s and live electronic acts as we gear up to launch the live music stage. Some artists we’ve had play below.
Operating Hours: 18:00 - 03:00
Serving: Cocktails, wines, rare spirits, pints, low ABV and more
Poseidon Sound System & Multichannel Sound
The venue is centered around our bespoke “Poseidon’ sound system. It also hosts a unique multichannel array set up of Funktion One speakers with Full Fat Audio amps. 18 speakers placed around the venue creates the opportunity to make spatial sound scapes along with separate individual outputs, evoking a sense of theatre that immerses the audience from entering the building. They are also used as fillers to create a balanced sound.
Bespoke lighting features surround the perimeter of the venue offering mood lighting during the atmospheric moments to full club mode during others. The data driven lighting system has been planted into the heart of the building ready to create and respond to the atmosphere. Light interaction will play a leading role for revellers as they will be able to interact with the building itself through movement, gestures and input from the customers themselves.
Speakers & Amps
For more infomation on our custom built sound system go here.
Our venue has also been designed for multichannel audio processing. We have over 20 individual speakers placed around the venue that we can send audio individually to. Creating sound scapes but also seperate environmental control. There is an ongoing pursuit of creating better sound within the venue, refining our room acoustics and further tuning of our sound system.
- Custom built Poseidon Sound System - 18" 18 Sounds Subs, 2 x 2 15" 18 Sounds, B&C compression drivers, horn led.
- Linear Research 48 Series M20
- Funktion One F81 x 14 (perimeter of mainspace)
- Funktion One F118 subs x 2
- Funktion One F55 x 1 (Stairs)
- Funktion One F55 x 1 (Toilets)
- Full Fat Audio with DSP x 4
- Performance Monitors x 4
- M-audio x 2 (Infinity Hallway)
- Akai X 2 (Lobby)
Our control system lies tidied away behind the scenes with control sent to the broadcast suite. We can set up monitoring from Ipad tablets. We are also able to multitrack the recordings.
- Allen & Heath SQ6 (stage) (Dante Master out)
- Allen & Heath SQ5 (house/art) (with dante expansion)
- Allen & Heath Expansion I/O (For multichannel Audio)
- Allen & Heath Slink DT168 (16 in 8 Out - XLR) (Stage Box)
- Allen & Heath AR 84 (8 in 4 out XLR) DJ Box
- Dante AVIO output and input units - XLR to Ethernet.
- Dante sound controller and virtual sound card licenses.
- Monitoring Tablet for SQ5 Control
- Allen and Heath Xone 96
- Isonoe ISO420 Mixer (Please note we don't have our Isonoe yet, awaiting delivery)
- Technics SL-1210 MK7 x 2
- Audio Technica Cartridges - XP7
- Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2 x 2
- Audio Technica Weights
- Audio Technica ATH-PRO7x Headphones
- V-Moda Headphones x 2
- We'll be developing a cross between broadcasting wireless mic systems and studio grade condensors for live and studio production.
- Neuman TLM 103
- Audio Technica ATM25 x 4
- Audio Technica ATM33a
- Audio Technica AT8532 x 2
- Shure SM58 x 3
- Stands - Short/Tall/Podcast
- Shure Wireless Receiver (coming soon)
- Wireless ShureSM58 (coming soon)
- Shure wireless Body Mics (coming soon)
Video / Projection
- Projector 1 HD (Main East)
- Projector 2 HD(Main West) (coming soon)
- Projector 3 HD (Lobby)
- Projector 4 (Digital signage hallway)
- Oculus Rift S
- Green Screen (Virtual Production)
Our venue has been designed in detail to create a unique atmosphere with our own custom built lighting set up. All the lighting can sync to audio and other data sources.
- Bespoke 177 Addressable Pixel Wall Lights x 11 surrounding the perimeter of the main space.
- Bespoke 12 Steps Address Pixel Light Tunnel
- Spotlight DMX controlled (coming soon)
- 2 x Photogrpahy Lighting (tall)
- 2 x Photogrpahy Lighting (short)
- Addressable bar lighting control
- Toilet cubicles and main lighting control, custom jukebox control.
- Resolume / Ableton
Control & Broadcast
Our recording, broadcasting and editing facilities will grow over time. Our aim is to develop an experimental approach to blending the informal, the voyeuristic and the live studio approaches to video format.
- Sony AS7II (4k)
- Sigma 24-70mm
- Sigma 50mm Prime
- Birddog 4K PTZ camera
- Logictech Briostream (4k)
- Roland VR 50HD II
- Tripods x 2
- Multiple displays
- Remote Tablet Control
- 32:9 Radio ultrawide HDR Screen,
- Broadcast Machine - AMD 5950 CPU,128 GB Ram, NVidea RTX3090 Super, HDs, Blackmagic Video Capture Card 4k
- Events & Arts Machine- Content and control over art installations, projection, lighting. Nvidea RTX 2070 Super
- Adode Creative suite
Misc & Building
- Bioadaptive architectural lighting (circadian lighting)
- Osram Spot lighting for highlighting
- Panasonic Air Conditioning x 7
- Remote Door Entry
- 20 x CCTV
- Buidling Control Machine / Linux Server - Nvidia GTX 1650, i9 8960HK 6 Cores, 16GB DDR4 - automation and data server, controlled with remote tablet app.
- Rigging points
- Power - 3phase / 32Amp sockets
- Internet - Leased Line 100mbps up/down
- Remote Door Entry
- Hearing Loop (coming soon)
- No wheelchair access
- Generative Subtitles (Machine Learning) (coming soon)