About Faith In Strangers
Faith In Strangers is a 350 capacity combined arts venue with a focus on music but a strong interest in everything else. An open plan space with scenes across Margate’s kaleidoscopic skies and sea, sunsets are a prominent feature of the venue utilising the far-reaching views of the horizon. Inside lies soft furnishings aplenty creating a house party feel. Frequently open to the public to walk in, there is also ticketed entry for special events.
Artistic Vision & Music Policy
Our ambition is to cultivate an audience that encourages and supports artists, performers & DJ’s, to explore their curiosities, rarities, new styles and forms or find interesting ways to appreciate heritage and old influences. Our music policy is formed by, but not restricted to, a passion for electronic music, disco, rare grooves, psychedelic & experimental endeavours. Faith In Strangers is about the trust between people that creates moments of unity; we give artists the room to experiment and shape these moments.
Operating Hours: 18:00 - 03:00
Serving: Pints, cocktails, wines, rare spirits, low ABV and more
The venue hosts a unique multichannel array set up of Funktion One speakers with Full Fat Audio amps. 18 speakers placed around the venue creates the opportunity to make spatial sound scapes along with separate individual outputs, evoking a sense of theatre that immerses the audience from entering the building. We have Klipsch Cornwalls running through Icon Audio preamps and Dual Quad QSP poweramps.
We’re currently on a quest to research, globally, how and who will build us the best sounding custom system we can achieve. More updates on this soon. We work with F1 Sound for further technical specs, for whatever the performance requires.
Bespoke lighting features surround the perimeter of the venue offering mood lighting during the atmospheric moments to full club mode during others. The data driven lighting system has been planted into the heart of the building ready to create and respond to the atmosphere. Light interaction will play a leading role for revellers as they will be able to interact with the building itself through movement, gestures and input from the customers themselves.
Faith In Strangers is built with capture and broadcast in mind. The venue has been designed to harness content from multiple different camera set ups ranging from tapping into our CCTV, PTZ cams and DSLRs setups. The one-of-a-kind setup will be controlled from a broadcast booth with up to 21 static and adjustable cameras spaced at key points giving a groundbreaking amount of control to any stream or recording. The ambition is to turn the venue into a satellite, platforming and transmitting vehicle for those that could not attend in person giving global reach. Faith In Strangers will capture moments and create episodic content for future viewing once events startup once again. Other times we’ll remain private.
The team will be equipped to enable performance to be broadcast, recorded and edited. We’ve built the venue with the future of art and interactivity in mind. In practical terms this translates to uniquely designed installations that can be controlled by artists and the audience.
Speakers & Amps
Our sound system has been designed for multichannel audio processing. We have over 20 individual speakers placed around the venue that we can send audio individually to. Creating sound scapes but also seperate environmental control. There is an ongoing pursuit of the perfect high fidelty stereo pair and refined room acoustics for our audiophile system. Join us as we experiment, listen and develop.
- Funktion One F81 x 14 (perimeter of mainspace)
- Funktion One F118 subs x 2
- Funktion One F55 x 1 (Stairs)
- Funktion One F55 x 1 (Toilets)
- Full Fat Audio with DSP x 4
- Performance Monitors x 4
- M-audio x 2 (Infinity Hallway)
- Akai X 2 (Lobby)
- Klipsch Cornwalls x 2
- Icon Audio la4 Valve Amp
- Dual Quad QSP
Our control system lies tidied away behind the scenes with control sent to the broadcast suite. We can set up monitoring from Ipad tablets. We are also able to multitrack the recordings.
- Allen & Heath SQ5
- Allen & Heath Expansion I/O (For multichannel Audio)
- Allen & Heath Slink DT168 (16 in 8 Out - XLR) (stage box)
- Dante Expansion card for multichannel.
- Dante AVIO output and input units - XLR to Ethernet.
- Dante sound controller and virtual sound card licenses.
- Monitoring Tablet for SQ5 Control
We're in the long process of developing our own DJ mixer that will give ultimate control of what EQ, pre-amps and more to choose from that would best suit your performance. More updates soon. For now we are really happy with how the Allen and Heath sounds.
- Allen and Heath Xone 96
- Technics SL-1210 MK7 x 2
- Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2 x 2
- Audio Technica Cartridges
- Audio Technica Weights
- Audio Technica ATH-PRO7x Headphones
- V-Moda Headphones x 2
We'll be developing a cross between broadcasting wireless mic systems and studio grade condensors for live and studio production.
- Shure Wireless Receiver (coming soon)
- Wireless ShureSM58 (coming soon)
- Shure wireless Body Mics (coming soon)
- Neuman TLM 103
- Audio Technica ATM25 x 4
- Audio Technica ATM33a
- Audio Technica AT8532 x 2
- Shure SM58
- USB Mic
- Stands - Short/Tall/Podcast
Video / Projection
- Projector 1 HD (Main East)
- Projector 2 HD(Main West) (coming soon)
- Projector 3 HD (Lobby)
- Projector 4 (Digital signage hallway)
- Oculus Rift S
- Green Screen (Virtual Production)
Our venue has been designed in detail to create a unique atmosphere with our own custom built lighting set up. All the lighting can sync to audio and other data sources.
- Bespoke 177 Addressable Pixel Wall Lights x 11 surrounding the perimeter of the main space.
- Bespoke 12 Steps Address Pixel Light Tunnel
- Spotlight DMX controlled (coming soon)
- 2 x Photogrpahy Lighting (tall)
- 2 x Photogrpahy Lighting (short)
- Addressable bar lighting control
- Toilet cubicles and main lighting control, custom jukebox control.
- Resolume / Ableton
Control & Broadcast
Our recording, broadcasting and editing facilities will grow over time. Our aim is to develop an experimental approach to blending the informal, the voyeuristic and the live studio approaches to video format.
- Sony AS7II (4k)
- Sigma 24-70mm
- Sigma 50mm Prime
- Birddog 4K PTZ camera
- Logictech Briostream (4k)
- Roland VR 50HD II
- Tripods x 2
- Multiple displays
- Remote Tablet Control
- 32:9 Radio ultrawide HDR Screen,
- Broadcast Machine - AMD 5950 CPU,128 GB Ram, NVidea RTX3090 Super, HDs, Blackmagic Video Capture Card 4k
- Events & Arts Machine- Content and control over art installations, projection, lighting. Nvidea RTX 2070 Super
- Adode Creative suite
Misc & Building
- Bioadaptive architectural lighting (circadian lighting)
- Osram Spot lighting for highlighting
- Panasonic Air Conditioning x 7
- Remote Door Entry
- 20 x CCTV
- Buidling Control Machine / Linux Server - Nvidia GTX 1650, i9 8960HK 6 Cores, 16GB DDR4 - automation and data server, controlled with remote tablet app.
- Rigging points
- Power - 3phase / 32Amp sockets
- Internet - Leased Line 100mbps up/down
- Remote Door Entry
- Hearing Loop (coming soon)
- No wheelchair access
- Generative Subtitles (Machine Learning) (coming soon)